Monday, January 11, 2010

Another week begins...

Happy Monday everyone! I am pleased to report that my arm held up during my busy weekend. I suspect that it's not my makeup work that aggravates it but my computer work during the week. Yet another reason I should look forward to being a full time MUA :)

So I had three shoots over the weekend, all which seemed to go well. The photographers were happy with the shots, which is what I always aim for. I've learnt to pester them to give me feedback after some test shots, because often they're so in the 'zone' and concentrating on lighting, pose etc. that they forget to check that the makeup is what they want. A small change in lip colour or face powder can take me 10 seconds to fix, or the photographer can spend 30 minutes in post production fixing it. I know which one I prefer!

I'm moving on Friday, which will be great fun in the January heat. So this week is all about throwing out as much as possible so I don't have to pack it! I'm sacrificing almost three years worth of magazines, which makes me a bit sad - but I'm going through them all to tear out images and looks that I want to recreate, so I get to re-read them! I stayed up WAY past my bedtime doing old Cleo quizzes... and then re-doing them until I got the answer I wanted :)

Skincare update - no time to go shopping at the moment, but I gave my mum a starter pack from Aesop for Christmas and she can't stop RAVING about it. Her skin has always been 'nice', but now it's just so smooth and plump and divine. So I think they will be my first stop for a new moisturiser at least. I like the idea of keeping my skincare as natural as possible, while still being effective.

Hope you all have a great week!
BC xx

No comments:

Post a Comment